Wednesday, March 28, 2007

DMCA violation for posting NFL copyright notice?

Fighting fire with fire, law professor and EFF attorney Wendy Seltzer is still fighting a DMCA takedown notice for posting the NFL's copyright notice on YouTube. NFL Clip Down Again:
In apparent defiance of my counter-notification, the NFL sent YouTube another takedown notice, which YouTube followed with another takedown a few days ago, giving notice to me yesterday. Now when I sent my counter-notification to the first NFL notice, on February 14, YouTube forwarded it on to the NFL per the DMCA's specification. Since my counter-notification included a description of the clip, "an educational excerpt featuring the NFL's overreaching copyright warning aired during the Super Bowl," it put the NFL on clear notice of my fair use claim.

No comments: